The rest boots “THERAPEUTIC SUPPORT BOOT AIR” are equipped with 18 magnetic devices that improve cellular function, providing a natural therapeutic support from the hoof to the shin and by reflexology to the whole body.
They are 2 products in 1, because also developed to provide support to the suspensory ligaments and to contain the tendon apparatus, for use during transportation of the horse and to decrease the typical post-work swelling. They are made 100% in Italy, equipped by interchangeable inner band with COOLMAX® (special fiber that carries moisture towards the outer surface of the fabric, keeping skin dry). On the outer surface, closed to the pastoral-fetlock, an extra protection to reduce wear due to friction is provided. Elastic straps with Velcro closure are calibrated to optimize tendons support, ensuring comfort and grip.
The permanent magnets used are composed of a highly magnetic alloy of Neodymium, Iron and Boron with Nickel coating, capable of exerting a magnetic flux density of 2600 Gauss each.
The specific arrangement of magnets, their flux density, intensity and polarization, have been studied with the help of veterinarians and professional riders to maximize the localized increase in vascular blood-flow and lymphatic circulation, with multiple beneficial effects:
Using reflexology principles, that is magnetically stimulating the reflex points (Ting) placed on specific meridians of the horse (the same points used for acupuncture), some moderate rebalancing effects are obtained:
– The magnet near the Yang meridian SI (Small Intestine – Ting SI1), acts on the inflammatory processes and traumas, neck and spine circulation and against left-handedness.
– The magnet near the Yang meridian TH (Triple Heather – Ting TH1), acts on the front fetlock and against scapulohumeral pains.
– The magnet near the Yin meridian HT (Hearth – Ting HT9), acts on the sore, inflamed and overworked musculature.
– The magnet near the Yang meridian LI (Large Intestine – Ting LI1), acts against the shoulder-neck muscle spasms and against right-handedness.
– The magnet near the Yin meridian PE (Pericardium – Ting PE9), acts on the hoof, frontal tendons and ligaments and against laminitis (acute and chronic inflammation).
– The magnet near the Yin meridian LU (Lung – Ting LU11), acts against hoof’s sinew-muscle dysfunctions and against scapulohumeral pains.
– The magnet near the Yang meridian LIV (Liver – Ting LIV1), acts on the fetlock, on the superficial side-muscles and on croup-hip muscles.
– The magnet near the Yang meridian KI (Kidney – Ting Ki1), acts on the fetlock, on bones and hind-tendon.
– The magnet near the Yang meridian SP (Spleen – Ting SP1), acts against the excessive formation of synovial fluid and have positive effects on the small and big psoas muscles.
– The magnet near the Yin meridian BL (Bladder – Ting BL67), acts on the hoof.
– The magnet near the Yin meridian GB (Gall Bladder – Ting GB44), acts on the hoof and on the side-muscles.
– The magnet near the Yin meridian ST (Stomach – Ting ST45), acts against problems in muscles and fetlock.
LOCAL MAGNETO-THERAPEUTIC EFFECTS:
Unlike anti-inflammatory pharmaceutics, which create vasoconstrictor action (thus slowing the vascular blood-circulation and lymphatic circulation, resulting in a slowdown of cellular processes), magnetic therapy acts on pain and swelling while avoiding the side effects of the pharmaceutics, while instead enhancing regenerative processes.
– Analgesic effect;
– Anti-inflammatory effect;
– Increase of micro-circulation in cartilages;
– Acceleration of lactic-acid absorption process;
– Acceleration of toxins elimination process;
– Acceleration of osteogenesis process;
– Acceleration of cellular processes.
GENERAL MAGNETO-THERAPEUTIC EFFECTS:
Premise: an inflammatory process reduces blood circulation and thus the cellular oxygenation, weakening the entire body and causing cellular acidosis and then altering the pH. Body’s pH affects all pro-inflammatory processes, intestinal bacterial flora, etc. The Therapeutic Support Boot induce are therefore inducing:
– Increased Blood Circulation à Increased Oxygenation à Cellular Acidosis Reduction à pH Restoration à Bones Remineralization;
– pH Restoratin à Reduction of Inflammatory Processes + Intestinal Bacterial Flora Rebalancing + Strengthening of the Immune System;
– Decrease of Blood Pressure à Calming Effect.
– Muscles, tendons, cartilages injuries;
– Ligaments inflammations;
– Bones fractures;
HOW TO USE:
– Accustom the horse with gradual usage sessions, as it may initially feel a sense of tickling due to the increased blood-flow localized. For the first few uses, it is therefore recommended to monitor the horse to prevent him from injuring the magnetic devices.
– Can be used on horses of all ages and gender, if necessary permanently when at rest.
– Wear only at rest, when the horse is cold, to avoid possible nuisance that might irritate its behavior.
– Not suitable for paddock or dynamic activities use (e.g. walking, flat-work, etc.)
– In presence of injuries, do not use in the acute phase (first 5 days)!
– Do not use in the presence of visible bruising, open wounds, bleeding, injury or not treated infections because the magnetic effect could contribute to expand the area affected by these diseases!
– Do not use in combination with anti-inflammatory pharmaceutics, blood thinners or ointments active in the areas affected by the magnetic treatment!
– Do not use in presence of pacemaker!
– Do not use during pregnancy!
– This is not a medical device!